1. The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), an international development agency, is seeking qualified Bids for the provision of services: develop a visually appealing, interactive, youth-friendly mobile application on sexual and reproductive health and rights. Your company is hereby invited to submit your best Technical and Financial Bids for the requested services. Your Bid could form the basis for a contract for professional services (CPS) between your company and UNFPA.
2. To enable your company to submit a Bid, please read the following attached documents carefully:
Section I: Instructions to Bidders
Section II: Terms of Reference
Section III: UNFPA General Conditions of Contract
Section IV: UNFPA Special Conditions of Contract
Section V: Supplier Qualification Requirements
Section VI: Bid and Returnable Forms
Section VII: Contractual Forms
3. The Bid process will be conducted through a TWO-envelope system. Interested Bidders are requested to submit their Technical Bid separately from their Financial Bid containing price information. Specific instructions for the submission can be found in Section I – Instructions to Bidders, clause 20 Submission, Sealing and Marking of Bids.
4. Bidders are requested to carefully read Section I – Instructions to Bidders, clause 20 Submission, Sealing and Marking of Bids, where detailed instructions of the submission process are provided. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to assure compliance with the submission process. If the envelopes are not marked / submitted per the instructions, UNFPA will neither assume responsibility for the bid’s misplacement or premature opening nor guarantee the confidentiality of the Bid process. Incorrect submissions might result in your Bid being declared invalid.
All Bids comprising of Technical and Financial parts should reach the below and corresponding addresses no later than Friday, 24 March 2017, at 16:30 (GMT+2:00):
If order to submit your Bid in hard copy, your Technical Bid and Financial Bid should be submitted in separate, sealed envelopes in accordance to clause 20.3 Submission of hard copy Bids, and should reach the following address:
United Nations Population Fund
131, 31 August 1989 Street
Chisinau, MD 2012
Republic of Moldova
Telephone: +373 22 214002
5. Bids received after the stipulated date and time will be rejected.
6. Bidders are asked to acknowledge receipt of this RFP using the Bid Confirmation Form SECTION VI – ANNEX A: BID CONFIRMATION FORM. A completed Form should be e-mailed to: Diana Selaru, UNFPA Administrative and Finance Associate at email: email@example.com no later than 10 March 2017, at 16:30 (GMT+2:00) and indicate whether or not a Bid shall be submitted. Bidders that will not submit a Bid are kindly asked to indicate the reason(s) for not bidding on the Bid Confirmation Form to help UNFPA improve its future Bid exercises.
7. Any questions relating to the Bid process and/or to the attached documents shall be sent to: Diana Selaru, UNFPA Administrative and Finance Associate at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responses to all questions received will be handled in accordance to the instructions included in Section I - Instructions to Bidders, clause 8 Clarifications of solicitation documents. Do not submit a Bid to this contact, or your Bid will be declared invalid, as UNFPA will not be able to guarantee the confidentiality of the Bid process.
8. UNFPA posts all Bids notices, clarifications and results in the United Nations Global Marketplace; hence, we strongly encourage Bidders to register on UNGM. The UNGM is the procurement portal of the United Nations system. By registering on UNGM, suppliers become part of the database that UN buyers use when searching for suppliers. The link describes the registration process: https://www.ungm.org/Public/Pages/RegistrationProcess
Suppliers can also access all UN Bids online and, by subscribing to the Tender Alert Service, suppliers can be automatically notified via email of all UN business opportunities that match the products and services for which they have registered. Instructions on how to subscribe to the Tender Alert Service can be found in the UNGM Interactive Guide for suppliers.
9. UNFPA looks forward to receiving your Bid and thanks you in advance for your interest in UNFPA procurement opportunities.
10. This letter is not to be construed in any way as an offer to contract with your company/institution.